It's the New Year...

2022 is here, for a lot of people that means new resolutions. Lose weight, give up certain habits, connect more with others etc.  I don't think I can say the same for me, it doesn't feel that way for sure.

I am definitely celebrating the mark of a new season that God has granted my family and I with, considering the world which we've been living in these past two years. I am grateful that we have seen the beginning of another calendar year and have a few milestones to look forward to.
On my health journey, I am excited  as I continue to follow my body's circadian clock.
 
I shared that in December I had 4 weeks of eating in an 8-10 hour window where I experienced great changes. I'm still following the circadian clock, and I intend to take it a step further as I align my sleep patterns and exercise routine with it. It's quite a challenge for me for every so often we  change routines at home when I visit my husband, or he visits us, but I like challenges, they keep me on my feet.

Following this way of eating for the past month enabled me to enjoy my New Year's Eve  3-course dinner, which wasn't exactly the healthiest but definitely delicious. 
 




 
For a starter I had goat cheese pie with salad, fig, walnuts, and apple.
 
I've grown to like goat cheese as a healthier option to cow cheese.

 
For the main meal, I had Penne Vegetarians.
 
This was my first time in a while to have wheat again, and I did pretty well. I think once in a while I can do wheat.
And for dessert, I had this Apple Twist—cinnamon caramelized apple, almond, crumble and vanilla ice-cream.
 
Sugar… yes, there was some sugar in this, certainly. I really did enjoy it, and I'm not sorry about it.
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
I should mention that I enjoyed this meal at 'My Way' restaurant in Dakar, a Lebanese cuisine. The meal left me just satisfied, not too full as I would normally feel on such an occasion in the past.
 
Anyway, 2021 ended well for me on this health journey and  on that note, I would like to say that this is my final post on this blog. In the coming year I will be writing posts on my new blog known as 'the nomadic healthy lifestyle.” I realize that it's now going on 13 years since I left my beloved home country of Malawi, and in these few years as a nomad, one thing that has remained constant is striving to live a healthy lifestyle. So as I continue to explore  life as a nomad, I would also like to share my experiences on how I have thrived through the healthy lifestyle journey regardless of my location.

Be on the lookout for my new blog, 'The Nomadic Healthy Lifestyle'. God bless!

Popular posts from this blog

Introduction to my circadianclock journey

Week 7 on MyCircadianClock Journey

Taking My life Back